15 April 2009

Upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)















I was thinking of skipping this version, but in the end, I changed my mind.

This version is still in beta. The final release will be in a week's time.


Significant Improvements (in my case):

1. Faster boot-up

2. Support for the Ext4 filesystem.


New features, according to the official Ubuntu website include:

1. Improved handling of multiple monitors
2. X.Org server 1.6
3. New style for notifications and notification preferences
4. Improved boot performance (as I've attested above)
5. Linux kernel 2.6.28
6. Ext4 filesystem support (as I've stated above)
7. Cloud computing with Eucalyptus
8. Turnkey mail servers using the dovecot-postfix package


Related:

Upgraded To Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)

Hardy Heron is nice

Upgraded To Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron ) LTS


Noob Screws Up on His Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon Upgrade

Upgraded To Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)

Upgraded To Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)

No comments: