22 October 2008

Upgraded To Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)

My usual practice - Upgrade around 1-2 weeks before the final release of Ubuntu to avoid server congestion.









-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" feels more like a service pack than a new release
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:43:12 +0800
From: Wei-Yee Chan
Organization: Google Inc.
To: Fred A. Miller

Fred A. Miller wrote:

> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2788&tag=nl.e589
>
>

"Oddly enough, “Intrepid Ibex” feels more like a service pack to me than a new release...Don’t get me wrong, there are new features in 8.10"

Clearly, this kid doesn't know what he's talking about. He contradicting himself! There's a ton of new features in there and he's complaining? And did he say service pack? Do I smell a Windoze noob?

I fondly recall that I was happily drinking my home-made rice wine when I did the upgrade to Gutsy Gibbon. The upgrade went on just fine. This noob here opened a bottle of wine but screwed it up:

http://chanweiyee.blogspot.com/2007/10/noob-screws-up-on-his-ubuntu-gutsy.html

My point is, whether you get any truth in a review depends a lot on who's doing the review.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." (Proverbs 17:28)

Related:

Hardy Heron is nice

Upgraded To Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron ) LTS


Noob Screws Up on His Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon Upgrade

Upgraded To Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)

Upgraded To Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)

No comments: