13 May 2010

My Brand New 1TB Hard Disk & 2GB RAM












I received this two days ago. It's 1TB cos that was what Western Digital awarded to me when I returned a defective 500GB hard disk (the circuit board was faulty) to them in an RMA (Return Material Authorisation).









The new 2GB RAM strip has arrived, bringing my total system RAM to 3GB. I've tested it with Memtest86+ and found no problems.

Don't ask me why, but I always play the following song after I've completed a computer hardware upgrade:




Related: My "New" ATI HD 3450 Series Graphics Card

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG my WD black just dies, I had it raid-1 so no data loss, it is a 1TB, so I think they will not be as nice to me like you, Lucky!

-jm

Wei-Yee Chan said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get your new one soon.