04 April 2011

Having a Kimchi, Sauerkraut and Pickles Feast








A few hours short of two days was all it took to ferment all that.

My secret solution (made with edible stuff) which I use to make wine in three days, was added for super-accelerated fermentation.

There was no observable fermentation for the sauerkraut and pickles after the first 24 hours because I had forgotten to add my secret solution to them. So, I drained both containers and added the solution yesterday.

Both sauerkraut and pickles are sour now, but I'm going to let them ferment for one more day before putting them into the refrigerator.

This time round, I added some cheap Chinese frozen raw oysters to my kimchi. The vegetables taste fine but the taste of the oysters is sort of repulsive....yet tasty.....Well, I'll need to get used that. :-)

Related: Kimchi - Proudly Made in China

No comments: