08 May 2007

Things I can do in Linux that I can't do on Windows

"Since I often hear from friends and people on the Internet about things they can't do in Linux that they could on Windows, I thought I'd write up a list of things I can do in Linux that I can't do in Windows.

Bottom line is, yes, you will have to spend time learning Linux and the software running on Linux if you choose to switch. But by doing so, you've set yourself up for a lifetime of free computing. For many of you, that's going to be 40, 50, 60, 70 years. A period of learning isn't so hard to swallow, when you can see the value of doing so.

My advice, should you choose to try Linux, is to forget about making it exactly like Windows. You will spend countless hours, and you will fail. Once you spend signicant time on Linux, every time you use a Windows computer you will say "Bah, I could do xyz if I was on Linux"."

Click on the link below for the full article:

http://dmartin.org/weblog/things-i-can-do-in-linux-that-i-cant-do-on-windows

No comments: