29 August 2010

Biostar MCP6P M2+ V6.2 Died After Bios Update

I updated the bios of a Biostar MCP6P M2+ V6.2 motherboard to 61PBM629.BSS (dated 29th June 2010) and when I rebooted the system, the whole system died. The screen went blank and there wasn't even the familiar beep to signify system initialisation. Now, I had double-checked that I had the correct bios, so there was no apparent reason why that happened.

This motherboard really sucks!

Well, I tried removing the CMOS battery and putting it back on again to reset the bios, but that didn't work. It turned out that I had forgotten to unplug the power supply! Doh!

So, I turned off my UPS, removed the CMOS battery and put it back in again. This time round the screen showed the updated bios.

Grrrrrr!!! But, oh well, at least it came back to life. :P

There will be people whose first response would be, "Haha, idiot!" The majortity of these imbeciles reside in $in-gapore. Experience tells me that these are the people who don't know what to do when such a situation arises. In every situation, they'll go into a state of frenzy and panic. The only thing they will do is curse and shout at others to solve their problems, and if you are foolish enough to help them, they'll curse and swear at you while your working; after the job is well done, they'll tell everyone how you screwed things up and take the credit for themselves.

Am I going to help these imbeciles and get cursed? Why, of course not! I'm waiting for them to dump their "faulty" hardware so that I can pick them up! Lol.

It is amazing, isn't it? Just as Death or Life is determined by a (seemingly) simple choice made by the One, this one simple decision by you can change how the world treats you. :-)

But if you ponder a bit deeper, you'll realise that the decision isn't ours to make. Ever since I stopped helping those imbeciles, my life has been a lot better. I'm getting more rewards and there aren't so many smart alecs around me anymore. In other words, it might have been God trying to correct my attitude and my lax choice of company.

Think about it. ;-)

2 comments:

Maxens M. Finch said...

Well, what's with that $in-gapore thing? Is that a mème?

Wei-Yee Chan said...

It's a cancer of the mind and spirit.