08 February 2008

The Top 50 Proprietary Programs and Their Open Source Alternatives

Here's an informative article on the Top 50 Proprietary Programs and Their Open Source Alternatives.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: 50 Proprietary Programs We All Hate -- And Their Open Source Alternatives
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:00:44 +0800
From: Wei-Yee Chan
Organization: Google Inc.
To: Jimmy Atkinson

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, I believe this will be an interesting and useful article for my readers, and I've linked to it on my blog. Thanks.

Regards,

Wei-Yee Chan

Jimmy Atkinson wrote:
> Hi Wei-Yee
>
> My name is Jimmy Atkinson. I'm founder of WHDb, a new blog
>that we are touting as featuring "Your daily dose of WWW
>goodness". I thought you and your readers at Linux & Lip Gloss
>Blog might be interested in today's feature article, "The Top 50
>Proprietary Programs that Drive You Crazy -- and Their Open
>Source Alternatives". In this piece, we offer open alternatives
>to some of the most commonly used software, including
>Windows (Ubuntu), Microsoft Office (OpenOffice),
>PhotoShop (GIMP), AIM (Pidgin), and many more. Have a
>look and please do let me know if you have any feedback.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy Atkinson
> WHDb.com

No comments: