06 October 2007

openSUSE 10.3 AWESOME!!

This is what friend Fred Miller has to say about openSUSE 10.3:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: openSUSE 10.3 AWESOME!!
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 01:00:26 -0400
From: Fred A. Miller
To:


'About to get to bed, but wanted to drop everyone I have installed Linux on their 'puter(s) a note, and also for those who still hang onto thatstuff from the "evil empire." openSUSE 10.3 just went GA...now shipping.

I've been running SUSE for well over 10 years, and some releases are better than others, but this is THE BEST release I've run to date!!!

There's also a TRUE 64-bit version which is what I have installed here. If you have a dual-core processor, this IS the ONLY operating system to run on it. That is, that will take full advantage of the processor and any "goodies" on the motherboard. I have a high-end nVidia video card, and I did have to compile the video driver - NO big deal....easy, and the speed of video, textures with games, etc., simply makes MickySoft's Vista "Ultimate" look like child's play!! And, it's STABLE and SECURE.........what a concept, eh? :)

For those with Linux, I'll be in touch.

Fred

Related: Interview With Fred Miller - GNU/Linux Evangelist

No comments: