07 February 2007

Build Your Own Ubuntu

"Custom Linux is Not Just for Hardcore Linux Gurus. Over the past couple of years, I have watched a number of "roll your own distribution" options come and go, most without a lot of fan-fair. I guess it’s safe to say that each had its own idea of who they were trying to entice into trying their method. But when I discovered that Reconstructor is the ideal tool for users looking at creating their own "version" of Ubuntu, I had to examine this closer.

At first pass, Reconstructor doesn't look any different than many of the other Ubuntu tools in the market. But once I took a peek at the screenshots, I came to understand the power behind re-branding a Linux distribution like this. If you need something to be included, Reconstructor makes this possible."

Click on the link below for the full article:

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2456&Itemid=449

No comments: